The PRE SEA TRAINING Course was introduced on request from the Shipping Industry, in order to ensure enhanced & multiple utility of ratings, on board vessels belonging to shipping companies, worldwide. Accordingly, the erstwhile Deck Rating and Engine Rating courses were adapted to the new guidelines and concept of "SDP" was introduced by the Directorate. This ensured higher employ-ability of the Indian seafarers in world market. Check SDP Course Eligibility, Fees & download SDP admission form online
- Course Name: PST for SDP -O1
- Course Duration: 4-6 Months*
- Minimum Academic Qualification: Pass with aggregate 40% marks in 10th Standard from a recognized Board with Science, Mathematics as subjects and with minimum 40% marks in English language either in 10th, 12th or diploma / degree exam.
- Maximum Age limit: Between 17.5 to 25 years.
- Medical Fitness: Candidate for admission to marine courses are required to produce certificate for medical fitness authorized by DGS.
- Eyesight: Candidates vision should be 6/6 (normal) in each eye separately , Medically fit including eye sight and hearing as prescribed in the Merchant Shipping (Medical Examination) Rules, 2000; as amended
- SDP Career Progression Chart
- 6 Months (PST for SDP Course)-(8 to12 week online class + 8 to 12 week Practical classes in our campus as per government rule / after lock down) + STCW 2010 in any DGS approved Campus as per DGS Rules. (CDC) Documentation time around 2 to 3 months only. We will try to received your documents as soon as possible as per go rule.
- Join as either Deck Crew or Engine Crew. OS - Promoted as AB Seaman, Boson in Deck Side (Or) promoted in Engine Side.
- 4-6 month pre-sea training
- As trainee ordinary seaman on board ship for 18 month (stipend U.S. $ 250-500)*
- Apply for watch keeping certificate to mmd (d. G. Shipping govt. Of india.)
- Sail as able bodied seaman (ab) for 12 to 18 month (salary u.s. $ 500-800)*
- Bosun (salary u.s. $ 1000-2200)*
- After total sea time of 36-48 months appear ncv 2nd mate (deck)/appear for class 4 ncv exams (engine)
- On obtaining ncv 2nd mate you can sail as 2nd mate in near coastal voyage/on obtaining class 4 ncv certificate can sail as 4th engineer in nr. Coastal voyage (salary u.s. % 3500- 5500)*
- Can raise up to the rank of master mariner/chief engineer (salary u.s. $ 8500-12000)*
(Note: all rule update time to time please check government website)*